Only When We Are Afraid
Can We Learn To Be Brave
Most kids love hide-and-seek, but Camila just wants to hide.
Hiding is what she does best when she worries,
and she worries a lot.
But when an anxious classmate asks for help, Camila discovers that her heart is bigger than her fears.
From the creative author-illustrator team of The Invisible Boy, this wonderful tale of courage and compassion will embolden readers to face their own fears.
- Children's Book Council Teacher Favorites Award
- Reading the West Picture Book Award
- Target Book Club Selection
- Amazon.com Teachers' Pick Selection
- Hindi's Libraries Females of Fiction Silver Finalist Award
- Starred Youth Services Book Review
- Literary Arts Oregon Book Award Finalist
- OCTE's Honor Recipient of the Oregon Spirit Book Award