Trudy Ludwig is an energetic, “hands-on” speaker who engages children and adults with entertaining and informative presentations. Her emphasis is on empowerment – giving school communities the tips, tools, and resources that help children connect and engage with their peers in kind, caring ways. (Click here to read what participants had to say about her presentations.)
- Conference Keynotes / Workshops
- In-service Staff Workshops
- Parent Presentations
- Elementary School Visits
- Middle School Visits
- Skype / Google Hangouts / Zoom, etc. Presentations
Student presentations are broken down by grade level clusters to address bullying / friendship issues in an age-appropriate manner. A standard full-day visit is typically comprised of two student assemblies, each about 50 minutes in length, plus one adult presentation. The school library / media resource center is a good location for smaller groups; the gym or cafeteria may be more suitable for larger groups. A student presentation includes:
- author reading
- engaging bullying prevention / kindness promoting activities
- role-play with younger kids using Trudy’s Empower Tools
- interactive Keynote slide show with older kids
An offering of several presentation topics geared specifically for parents, educators, and counseling professionals are available. Adult presentations are typically 1.5-2 hours long and can be shortened or lengthened upon request.
Adult presentations address:
- offline & online relational aggression: prevalence, repercussions & latest research findings
- the nature of children’s friendships
- using children’s literature to help foster empathy & build SEL skills
- turning away from perfectionism & striving towards excellence
- addressing social ostracism & promoting inclusion in schools
- promoting kindness offline & online in today’s digital world
- recommended tools & resources to use in the classroom or at home – depending on the audience
Book Sales & Signings
Schools and organizations can purchase books from their local bookstores or from the respective publisher. You may choose to pass the discounts offered by bookstores and publishers on to your buyers or sell the books at retail price to supplement fund-raising or author visit programs. If you plan to place your order with the publisher, please do so at least four weeks prior to the author visit to ensure you receive the books on time for author signings.
For more information about the author's presentations and fees, please contact Trudy directly.